11 Success Behaviors for the New Year
Resolving to be a Better "You" at Work
The start of any new year is a time for new beginnings, clean slates, and finally following through on that gym membership. Here at Media Partners, we strive to become better versions of ourselves at work-- starting with the way we think. From challenging our “Rebuttal Brain” to something as simple as sharing a smile, this infographic suggests 11 Success Behaviors for the New Year.
1. Call Out Other People’s Success - pay someone an unexpected compliment when they do something right or thank someone for their consistent hard work.
2. Challenge Your “Rebuttal Brain”- avoid dismissing someone else’s idea or position before they’ve had an opportunity to fully explain it.
3. Take A Stand - help put an end to bullying, harassment and disrespect. When it shows up, speak up!
4. Find Common Ground - in the face of disagreement, stay open-minded! Try to find mutual goals.
5. Smile More! - cracking a grin is scientifically proven to boost your mood. Plus, it encourages others to do the same!
6. Put Down Distractions - be mindful of distractions (like your phone!) that prevent you from giving others your full attention.
7. Value Time - respect your own time and everyone else’s. Resolve to be on time and stay organized.
8. Be Inclusive - welcome the input of others. Make sure you are not excluding certain people from meetings or opportunities.
9. Check Your Biases - genuinely take the time to notice and challenge your biases. When you sense them, set them aside and give everyone a fair shot.
10. Watch Your Words - even if you mean well, your words and actions still have the potential to offend. Be mindful of them.
11. Invest In Your Employees - Build the best in your employees! Offer training and development on their terms.
We’re probably slightly biased, but we believe Media Partners offers the industry’s best behavior changing films and just-in-time learning solutions. Preview our top-selling courses.