Research by Media Partners revealed additional challenges organizations encounter in delivering excellent customer service, including:
- Providing customer service training that engages and inspires employees
- Delivering training across onsite/remote/hybrid work models
The incredible discrepancy in perceptions about the customer experience, the frustration caused by lack of customer service employee knowledge, and issues encountered in training underscore just how urgent it is for organizations to devote significant attention to the employees who work on customer service teams. Especially important is prioritizing customer service training that engages, motivates, and inspires employees to delight customers with extraordinary experiences at every point of contact.
Elements of Effective Customer Service Training
When Media Partners surveyed talent leaders about training required to help their customer service teams deliver outstanding customer experiences, several key ideas stood out. The greatest proportion of respondents (59%) wanted to provide training that could be easily recalled when needed by employees. Almost as many (54%) said it was critical that their organizations’ training helped customer service employees find purpose in what they do.
Customer service training programs from Media Partners cover the crucial elements that teach employees how to deliver amazing customer experiences while also addressing the concerns revealed by customer service research:
- Behavior-based training conveys the importance of the customer service role, providing the insights employees need to find and embrace the meaning in their work.
- Content instills the array of skills customer service teams require to communicate effectively and empathetically with consumers.
- Training emphasizes easy-to-recall service skills that enable employees to build the positive and lasting relationships that drive customer loyalty and retention.
- Engaging and memorable “viral” service excellence stories inspire next-level service behaviors by showing how to turn ordinary transactions into extraordinary experiences.
- Reinforcing the purpose that underlies customer service, while also building a culture of service excellence, effective training unifies employees and managers in their mission to take status quo service to shareworthy service.
To enable organizations to deliver training effectively across onsite, remote, and hybrid work models, customer service training must be available in formats that satisfy both in-person and virtual training needs. Content from Media Partners satisfies those design and delivery requirements with interactive eLearning that makes training memorable, fun, motivating, and convenient in any setting. Preview our Fill the Glass: Turning the Ordinary to Extraordinary course.