18 min | by Marcom Group
Over 90% of crane-related accidents are caused by human error. Train your employees on proper and safe work practices when working with or around cranes.
There are many different types of cranes, each with the ability to make jobs much easier by lifting enormous weight. But they also share the potential for disaster when not operated safely. Crane-related accidents can often be deadly, due to the heavy loads that are lifted. Once a load or a crane itself falls, not much can be done to stop it, and there is little time for people to move safely out of the way.
Crane Safety points out that over 90% of crane-related accidents are caused by human error... and that, subsequently, employees play a key role in preventing these incidents.
- Recent changes in the OSHA crane regulations
- Operator certification
- Equipment inspection and hazard assessment
- Boom, jib and overhead cranes
- General and operational safety devices
- Crane operations and hand signals
- Working around power lines
|Is Best Seller?