Leaders of Character
Leadership - The West Point Way
39 minutes | by CRM Learning, LP
West Point has historically produced phenomenal leaders. This program examines what makes this institution so effective at leadership development, placing emphasis on the character-building components of the training.
Discover how to bring character-driven leadership into your own organizational culture.
Leaders of Character: Leadership-The West Point Way takes you behind the scenes at the military academy and into the nation’s foremost private and government organizations where West Point graduates now work.
This captivating program is hosted by Ed Ruggero, West Point graduate and author of the book, Duty First: A Year in the Life of West Point and the Making of American Leaders. First, Ed takes us into West Point itself. There we see how, from their first day to their last, cadets learn and apply the leadership principles that will take them to greatness, whether on the battlefield or in the boardroom.
Then, we are taken into some of this country's foremost organizations, including Procter & Gamble, the FBI, Penguin Publishing, and People's Health Center, where we see West Point graduates, now in private-sector leadership positions, putting their skills to work.
Leaders and leadership trainees will learn these principles:
- Ethics form the true basis of leadership.
- A leader's communication is critical to the success of those s/he leads.
- Teamwork is the transformative key to a group's effectiveness.
- A great leader knows how to delegate tasks and responsibility downward.
- A leader must be able to plan, and be willing to abandon that plan if change demands it.
- Failure can teach powerful lessons.
Learners will be inspired to become effective, character-driven, well-respected leaders.
|Is Best Seller?||No|
|Program Length||39 minutes|
|Producer||CRM Learning, LP|