COMPLY WITH MAINE SEXUAL HARASSMENT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Maine requires organizations with 15 or more employees to provide sexual harassment prevention training to all employees and managers. There is no requirement for subsequent training.
Maine State Law, Title 26, Chapter 7, Subchapter 4-B, Sexual Harassment Policies requires employers provide:
• A poster describing the illegality of sexual harassment, definitions, examples, and a complaint process with contact information and post in a prominent location in the workplace
• A written notice describing the illegality of sexual harassment, definitions, examples, the internal complaint process, the legal recourse and formal complaint process through the Human Rights Commission (with contact information) and an explanation of the protection against retaliation
• New employees must be trained within 1 year of hire
• New supervisors and managers must be trained within 1 year of hire as supervisor
Additional Topic Requirements in ME
• The state definition of sexual harassment under the Maine Human Rights Act
• Responsibility for taking immediate and appropriate corrective action in addressing sexual harassment complaints (supervisors/managers)
• Use of compliance checklist (provided by the Maine Department of Labor) is required
Media Partners' Once & For All sexual harassment prevention training is your best solution.
The 7-time award winning program features:
• A 200% Compliance Protection Guarantee that ensures all Maine mandates are met
• A modular approach that allows for short training sessions if desired
• Employee and Manager Versions
• Compelling stories and relatable examples
• Expert scripting and conversational host narrative to clarify legal points
• Concepts linked to lasting behavior change (such as upstander and culture of respect)
• Scenarios filmed in a variety of locations: restaurant, healthcare, warehouse, and office
OUR MAINE SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION eLEARNING MEETS ALL REQUIREMENTS
With engaging and realistic video and interactive content, our comprehensive eLearning courses for managers and employees can be delivered via our LMS or yours.