COMPLY WITH NEW YORK SEXUAL HARASSMENT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
The New York State Human Rights Law requires every employer in New York State to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training every year. The law applies to all employers regardless of size, and includes all workers, regardless of immigration status, including: exempt, non-exempt, part-time, seasonal, and temporary.
Section 201-g of the New York Labor Law requires employers to provide:
• Annual sexual harassment prevention training
• A sexual harassment notice distributed prior to, or at the start of the first day of work, which includes:
› A sexual harassment prevention policy
› An explanation of sexual harassment according to the Department of Labor and the Division of Human Rights
› A copy of the training
• The notice, policy, and training must be provided in both English and the employee’s primary language if it is Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Haitian-Creole, Bengali, or Italian.
• Annual training
• New employees must be trained within 30 days of hire, including:
› Part-time employees
› Employees who work just 1 day in New York (even if based out of state)
› Employees who work in New York even if their company headquarters is located out of state
• Annual training
• New supervisors and managers must be trained within 30 days of hire or assuming supervisory position
Additionally, New York State requires Contractors who bid on state contracts to certify under penalty of perjury that they have provided annual sexual harassment prevention training to all of their employees, even those outside of the state of New York.
Additional Topic Requirements in New York
• Definition of unlawful sexual harassment
• Sexual harassment based on gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQ+
• Sex stereotyping
• Bystander intervention
• Formal complaint process/ contact information for NY/NYC
• Recourse and remedies
• Explanation that severe/pervasive legal standard is no longer required to prove hostile work environment based on sex
Media Partners' Once & For All sexual harassment prevention training is your best solution.
The 7-time award winning program features:
• A 200% Compliance Protection Guarantee that ensures all New York mandates are met
• A modular approach that allows for short training sessions if desired
• Employee and Manager Versions
• Compelling stories and relatable examples
• Expert scripting and conversational host narrative to clarify legal points
• Concepts linked to lasting behavior change (such as upstander and culture of respect)
• Scenarios filmed in a variety of locations: restaurant, healthcare, warehouse, and office
OUR NEW YORK SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION eLEARNING MEETS ALL REQUIREMENTS
With engaging and realistic video and interactive content, our comprehensive eLearning courses for managers and employees can be delivered via our LMS or yours.