How Was Your Day? Manager Version
Getting Real about Bias, Diversity and Inclusion, and Harassment
50 min | by Media Partners
Manager Full Preview--:--
Employee Full Preview--:--
Manager Module 1: Overcoming Unconscious Bias--:--
Manager Module 2: Embracing Diversity and Inclusion--:--
Manager, Module 3: Preventing Workplace Harassment--:--
Manager, Module 4: Standing Up to Bullying--:--
For the first time, implement a 9-time award-winning DEI training program that is proven to drive positive change in workplace culture. How Was Your Day? is our foundational respectful workplace training that tackles today's toughest topics of unconscious bias, diversity, inclusion and harassment.
The course delivers results that:
How to be a more inclusive leader.
Strategies on supporting team members that have been harassed.
Tips on encouraging employees to be upstanders
How to set expectations for their team around not tolerating harassment
- Both versions (Employee and Manager) of the 4-module How Was Your Day? eLearning course.
- How Was Your Day? Launch Guide with a full implementation plan
Contact us to learn more about how to implement this DEI training program in your organization. Call: 800-408-5657.
A top-seller since the day it was released, How Was Your Day? is enthusiastically embraced by all types organizations seeking meaningful culture change. Used together with the Employee course, How Was Your Day? Manager enables organizations to:
• Minimize the impact of bias. Powerfully depicts the many ways bias hurts people and prevents an organization from building a diverse and inclusive culture; encourages personal reflection to help individuals identify, challnege and set aside implicit biases.
• End harassment. Explains hostile work environment and illustrates how impact outweighs intent.
• Stop bullying. Shows how being an “upstander” (for yourself and others) helps end abusive conduct and build a culture of mutual respect and dignity.
• Leverage the desire for change. Supports the pursuit of a workplace free of discrimination, inequity and disrespect.
+ eLearning that engages managers, across all industries
There are 3 reasons managers will find How Was Your Day? to be a surprisingly positive learning experience. It's:
- Relatable. A diverse cast, wide range of workplace settings and examples, and manager-specific instruction enable audiences to connect with the content.
- Practical. Bias-busting and inclusion-building tips such as Blind Auditions, Turn off Your Rebuttal Brain, and Apply the W.E.T. Test are memorable and easy to put into practice.
- Non-threatening. Topics with the potential to cause defensiveness are approached in a non-threatening manner; much of the personal reflection around these issues happens privately
+ A comprehensive training solution
How Was Your Day? Getting Real About Bias, Diversity and Inclusion, Harassment & Bullying, Manager Version is fully interactive, robust eLearning.
The primary topics are presented in 4 separate modules. They can be taken all in one session, or one or two modules at a time.
• Overcoming UNCONSCIOUS BIAS
• Embracing DIVERSITY and INCLUSION
• Stopping HARASSMENT
• Standing up to BULLYING
The course features award-winning video segments, self-assessment and activities, knowledge checks, and more. Its modular approach helps managers focus on and fully grasp the nuances of each topic. They see the impact different actions can have on individuals and teams, and receive instruction on the best way to build a truly inclusive, respectful workplace.
Manager-specific guidance around these topics is provided throughout the course narration, including coverage of:
- a manager’s role/responsibility for building and maintaining a respectful workplace
- a manager’s role in preventing Harassment & Bullying (encouraging team to be upstanders)
- how to be more inclusive
- why being a proactive leader means setting the right example, facing these challenges personally, and encouraging team members to do the same
The course can be customized with your organization's policies or messaging from organizational leaders. See a full preview of the entire How Was Your Day? Manager eLearning course at the top of this page.Supplemental Materials include:
+ Facilitation Services
Media Partners offers 3 How Was Your Day? facilitation options designed to encourage genuine dialogue and reinforce the training.
- eLearning Follow-up Facilitation (virtual)
- Module vILT Facilitation
- Train-the-Trainer: Full-Module vILT Facilitation plus Support
Use our trainers, or we’ll train yours. Either way, we’ll partner with you to ensure these topics are addressed in a meaningful and engaging manner. Learn more.
+ Awards and Recognition
This program has been honored by a number of prestigious organizations for cinematic and educational excellence.
- Accolade Global Film Competition(Awards in 2 Categories)
- AVA Digital Awards
- New York Festivals
- Hermes Award
- Telly Award
- American Business Award
- Videographer Awards
- Marcom Awards
Proven DEI Results | 3x Increase in Bias Acceptance* | Measure Your Organization’s Positive Change
A top-seller since the day it was released, How Was Your Day? Manager version is enthusiastically embraced by all types of organizations seeking proven behavioral change. Managers determine the quality of your company’s culture. Team leaders’ talent, skill, and knowledge can improve company culture and productivity exponentially. The manager course covers today toughest topics in a non-threatening manner with a focus on key workplace behaviors. When implemented with organizational leadership, this eLearning course enables managers to:
- Minimize the impact of bias on team members by powerfully showing the many ways bias hurts people and provides strategies on how to build a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Encourage personal reflection to help manager identify implicit biases and microaggressions, challenge them, and set the expectation for their team that the behavior will not be tolerated.
- End harassment and avoid a hostile work environment by leading their team members professionally and respectfully and stopping any inappropriate conduct.
- Stop bullying and instruct others on how they can stand up for themselves to help end abusive conduct while building a culture of mutual respect and dignity.
- Leverage the desire for actual behavior change to create a workplace free of discrimination, inequity, and disrespect.
Key Learning Points
Engages organizational leaders and targets specific workplace behaviors at every level, across all industries, by enabling managers to:
- Understand the concept of unconscious bias and how it can impact interactions and decision-making.
- Learn strategies to manage one's own biases and create a more inclusive environment.
- Understand the value of diversity and inclusion.
- Understand the nuances of workplace harassment.
- Reflect on and recognize harassment, particularly in regard to protected classes.
- Gain confidence in speaking up when targeted.
- Understand the difference between harassment and abusive conduct.
- And more!
Contact us to learn more about how to implement this DEI training program in your organization.
Key Learning Features
- Focuses on behavior change. Educates and prepares managers to use the target workplace behaviors and lead their team members to do the same.
- Builds self-awareness. Helps managers recognize bias, diversity, harassment, abuse and how it can influence interactions with others.
- Overcomes learner resistance. Presents topics as part of being human and uses real-world, relatable workplace examples for managers in office, warehouse, healthcare, retail, and restaurant settings.
- Enables you to measure success. Pre-measurement module and follow-up results provided to you by Media Partners allows you see the impact of the training, specifically for managers.
- Is backed by research. Course design aligns with proven behavioral theory and the impact is scientifically validated.
The self-paced eLearning course is less than an hour and includes 4 topics in separate modules that you can cover all in one session or choose to tackle them one or two at a time. This modular approach helps employees and managers focus on and fully grasp the nuances of each topic.
Module 1: Overcoming Unconscious Bias
Module 2: Embracing Diversity and Inclusion
Module 3: Preventing Workplace Harassment
Module 4: Standing Up to Bullying
How Was Your Day's interactive eLearning course combines:
- 9x award-winning video segments
- Self-assessments and activities developed by experts in organizational research, instructional design with 30+ years of experience
- Knowledge checks that go beyond information retention to truly understand behavioral intent
- Behavioral theory backed by science implemented into the course that can be measured and tracked to show progress over time
- And more!
See a full preview of both the Employee and Manager versions of our How Was Your Day? eLearning course at the top of this page.
Media Partners offers 60 or 90-minute virtual or live, in-person Facilitation Services delivered to employees as a follow on to our eLearning courses.
The course also includes a 5-minute pre-measurement module to help measure your baseline. Whether your organization uses the pre-measurement module or not, we will provide impact results data on key behaviors including your organization's comparison to national averages.
Contact Media Partners to learn more about this opportunity.
Awards and RecognitionThis program has been honored by a number of prestigious organizations for cinematic and educational excellence.
Accolade Global Film Competition (Awards in 2 Categories)
AVA Digital Awards
New York Festivals
American Business Award
|Is Best Seller?||Yes|
|Program Length||50 min|