How to Resolve Tough Performance Problems Quickly...and Permanently
24 min | by CRM Learning, LP
Positive Performance Coaching is achievable ...when supervisors and managers have the right training. Help leaders get beyond the belief that confronting negative performance has to be punitive in nature and show them how performance discussions can actually be a tool for developing employees.
What is the best part of being a leader? Dealing with people! What is the worst part of being a leader? Dealing with people! Positive Discipline: How to Resolve Tough Performance Problems Quickly...and Permanently teaches how to address performance problems, help uncover workable solutions, and promote employee accountability.
While being a manager has its many advantages, it comes with the task of monitoring employee performance and addressing performance problems when they arise. Based on the 5-step model outlined in the book by Eric Harvey and Paul Sims, this program is a training resource your organization will find invaluable!
This highly effective training tool teaches supervisors how to prepare for an employee performance improvement discussion, manage the discussion appropriately (and legally), place ownership of the problem's resolution with the employee, and get the desired outcome without losing employee commitment through the 5-step model:
- Identify the Problem - the gap between the actual & desired behavior.
- Analyze the Problem's Severity - determine the impact and consequences if not corrected.
- Discuss the Problem - talk to the employee and gain their agreement on a solution.
- Document the Discussion - the history of the problem and what was said and agreed upon.
- Follow-up to Monitor Results - recognize improvements, or take action if it hasn't resolved.
The film's vignettes are set in different work environments and feature three different performance situations. Accompanying workshop materials include role-playing activities, job aids (such as a conversation planner), and more.
|Is Best Seller?||No|
|Program Length||24 min|
|Producer||CRM Learning, LP|