COMPLY WITH ILLINOIS SEXUAL HARASSMENT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
The Workplace Transparency Act, an amendment to the Illinois Human Rights Act (IHRA), requires employers to provide sexual harassment prevention training to all employees every year. The law applies to all employers regardless of size, and includes all workers, including short-term, part-time, and interns. All employees who work or will work in Illinois must be trained, regardless of where their employer is based. Likewise, employees who are based outside of Illinois, but who regularly interact with other employees in Illinois, should also be trained.
• Section 2-109(B) of the IHRA requires employers to provide sexual harassment prevention training to all employees annually
• Section 2-110(B) requires restaurants and bar employers to provide a copy of a sexual harassment prevention policy to all employees
• Section 2-110(C) of the IHRA requires restaurant and bar employers to provide supplemental sexual harassment prevention training annually (in addition to the training required of all employers)
• Annual training
• New employees must be trained as soon as possible after hire
• Annual training
• New supervisors and managers must be trained as soon as possible after hire or assuming supervisory position
Additional Requirements in IL
• Definition of sexual harassment based on the IHRA
• Examples of behaviors that constitute unlawful sexual harassment
• Remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
• Complaint process and contact information Employer actions and prevention
• Manager responsibilities
Additional Requirements for Restaurants and Bars in IL
• Supplemental training content related to restaurant and bar industry
• An explanation of manager liability and responsibility
Note: In April 2022, the city of Chicago changed its sexual harassment prevention law and expanded training requirements beyond those mandated by the state of Illinois. Chicago employers can learn more here.
Media Partners' Once & For All sexual harassment prevention training is your best solution.
The 7-time award winning program features:
• A 200% Compliance Protection Guarantee that ensures all Illinois mandates are met
• A modular approach that allows for short training sessions if desired
• Employee and Manager Versions
• Compelling stories and relatable examples
• Expert scripting and conversational host narrative to clarify legal points
• Concepts linked to lasting behavior change (such as upstander and culture of respect)
• Scenarios filmed in a variety of locations: restaurant, healthcare, warehouse, and office
OUR ILLINOIS SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION eLEARNING MEETS ALL REQUIREMENTS
With engaging and realistic video and interactive content, our comprehensive eLearning courses for managers and employees can be delivered via our LMS or yours.